Welcome to Descriptive Examination System (DES), an online tool that tackles your test requirements with friendly interfaces. It is mainly focused on managing university/school type exams containing descriptive questions or a mix of descriptive and objective type questions. Various exam related tasks such as paper pattern creation and reuse, question paper creation, conducting the exam, evaluation of the answer sheets are made easy and online using the tool. The framework offers a number of benefits such as reuse of resources, reduction in time, effort paper work and human errors during evaluation, with the assessment of answers still being done manually.
What can you do easily?
1. Create and reuse paper patterns
2. Maintain a question bank organized in various subjects & topics
3. Create question papers using existing paper patterns and question bank
4. Create exams based on question papers & assign students, examiners to the exam
5. Conduct descriptive type exams online
6. Examine answer sheets online (manually)
7. Publish & view results online
Salient features of DES
1. Web-based & open source
2. Provides support for complex paper pattern
consisting of nested sections, optional sections, optional questions sections, etc.
3. Facilitates independent management & reuse of paper pattern, question bank and question paper
4. Intuitive drag and drop interface for question paper creation
5. Flexible evaluation strategies
6. Useful statistics & indications available for
the student during the examination – questions unanswered, answered, partially answered, etc.
the evaluator during correction of answer sheets – answers evaluated, partially evaluated, mark violations etc.
7. Automatic calculation of total marks - reduces possibility of human errors during mark calculation
8. Support for different type of questions – “comprehension”, “descriptive”, “match the following” and “objective”.
Objective type questions are automatically evaluated by the system